This week I started working on implementing methods to plot Shear force, bending moment, slope and deflection diagrams. #14967 was created for it.
Mainly four methods were added to the Beam class:
- plot_shear_force: This method returns a plot for Shear force present in the Beam object.
- plot_bending_moment: This method returns a plot for Bending moment present in the Beam object.
- plot_slope: This method returns a plot for slope of the elastic curve of the Beam.
- plot_delfection: This method returns a plot for the deflection curve of the Beam object.
- plot_loading_results: This method returns fig object containing subplots of Shear Force, Bending Moment, Slope and Deflection of the Beam object.
Here is a sample notebook demonstrating how to use these plotting methods.
- Make sure #14967 gets merged.
- Add more beam problems to the documentation.